tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Todd Wilkinson" ...@dealsqueal.com>
Subject Tiles2 Localization
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 15:52:02 GMT
Hello-
I want to use tiles2 for an upcoming project and I have a question about
localization.  Please forgive me if my question goes beyond tiles-specific
and into general localization concerns.
I would like to be able to localize beyond just language and country.
Ideally, I would like to have up to 3 additional criteria on which to
localize - eg, state, county, etc.  Is this possible in tiles?
I have viewed the tiles localization documentation page here :
http://tiles.apache.org/tutorial/advanced/l10n.html

I don't quite understand how tiles knows which convention to follow:
in the examples, or in my case:

also, it is unclear to me how the runtime decides the locale to choose -
ie, how does tiles know the locale of the request?

Thanks!