tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ┬┐variables, external definitions?
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 11:09:42 GMT
2007/5/9, Sergio del Amo Caballero <sergi@sbox.tugraz.at>:

> I am using tiles together with struts to build a web application.

I think that you are using Struts 1 with Struts-Tiles, right? In this case
your question is best addressed to Struts mailing list:
http://struts.apache.org/mail.html

But anyway, see below.

This
> web application will have different themes. Basically i would like to
> know if it is possible to declare a variable inside tiles definition
> file or access a MessageResource definition from the tiles-def.xml file.

This is not possible with the basic implementation of Tiles. But I think
that you can create a different DefinitionsFactory (or FactorySet in
Struts-Tiles) that takes a theme somewhere (for example, from the session)
and applies it to the attributes.

HTH
Antonio