tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Tiles 2.0: pass-thru attributes?
Date Sun, 20 May 2007 06:55:54 GMT
2007/5/19, Garrett <dhtmlkitchen@gmail.com>:
> I want to have main.layout for site index and many other pages as well.

Please elaborate: do you want the definition "main.layout" (mmm... not
a good name for a definition :-) ) to be the base for all your site?
In this case, what are the common pieces?

> I do not understand why extending an object results in infinite recursion in
> tiles.
>
> site.index.layout extends main.layout
> site.index.body.content extends body.content
>
> And I the result over and over and over.

If you create a new definition, to use it you have to create a new
definition containing it.
With this I don't mean that this is the best solution for Tiles, but
the current release this is the only way to do it (at least in Tiles
definition files).
You could also use a view preparer to do it. Or you can share your
ideas with use, and we will pay attention for sure :-)

By the way, there is an issue about nested definitions. A patch has
been attached, but it does not apply anymore:

https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/TILES-85

Ciao
Antonio