tiles-users mailing list archives

From Baptiste GAILLARD <baptiste.gaill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can I separate tiles.xml in several files ?
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2007 23:24:08 GMT
Antonio Petrelli a écrit :
> 2007/10/15, Baptiste GAILLARD <baptiste.gaillard@gmail.com>:
>
>> I begin to have a lot of tiles definitions in my WEB-INF/tiles.xml file,
>> is it possible to separate this files in multiple files ?
>>

> Sure, as long as you specify them in the correct configuration parameter:
> http://tiles.apache.org/config-reference.html#org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.DEFINITIONS_CONFIG
>
> Antonio

Ok, it seems to work, but now I want to define a definition which
extends a definition specified in an other tiles.xml file.

In /WEB-INF/tiles.xml I have

<definition name="userDatatable" extends="datatable">
    <put-list-attribute name="attributesTiles">
        <item link="login" value="login" />
        <item link="firstName" value="first name" />
        <item link="lastName" value="last name" />
    </put-list-attribute>
</definition>

In /pages/components/datatable/tiles.xml I have :

<definition name="datatable"
template="/pages/components/datatable/datatable.jsp">
    <put-list-attribute name="resultsByPageTiles">
        <add-attribute value="10" />
        <add-attribute value="25" />
        <add-attribute value="50" />
        <add-attribute value="100" />
        <add-attribute value="all" />
    </put-list-attribute>
</definition>

The following errors appears when I access to my page:
01:13:07,470 ERROR [DefinitionsImpl] Error while resolving definition
inheritance: child 'userDatatable' can't find its ancestor 'datatable'.
Please check your description file.
01:13:07,470 ERROR [RoleSecurityTagSupport] Error executing tag: Error
while resolving definition inheritance: child 'userDatatable' can't find
its ancestor 'datatable'. Please check your description file.
org.apache.tiles.definition.NoSuchDefinitionException: Error while
resolving definition inheritance: child 'userDatatable' can't find its
ancestor 'datatable'. Please check your description file.

So I suppose I can't extend a definition which is defined in another
tiles.xml file ?
Is it possible to do that in tiles 2, is there an "include" makup like
in struts config files ?

Thanks.

Baptiste