tiles-users mailing list archives

From "doktora v" <dokt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tiles1 - tiles2 migration: insert an action
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2007 19:51:26 GMT
I have tried this now with struts2 and tiles2 and it doesn't seem to
work either.
See the attached war. Take a look at /s2t2/test.action

The success of test.action maps to tile test.layout:

<definition name="test.layout" template="/testlayout.jsp">
  <put-attribute name="menuclass" value="leftmenu"/>
  <put-attribute name="bottom" value="/bottom.jsp"/>
</definition>

Here is testlayout.jsp:
---------------------
<%@ taglib uri="http://tiles.apache.org/tags-tiles" prefix="tiles"%>
<tiles:importAttribute name="menuclass"/>
test layout
<hr/>
<tiles:insertAttribute name="menuclass"/>
<hr/>
<tiles:insertTemplate template="/bottom.jsp">
  <tiles:putAttribute name="menuclass" value="${menuclass}"/>
</tiles:insertTemplate>

An now here is what bottom.jsp does, inserting an action as a template:
-----------------
<%@ taglib uri="http://tiles.apache.org/tags-tiles" prefix="tiles"%>
<tiles:importAttribute name="menuclass" ignore="true"/>

bottom jsp page
menuclass: <tiles:insertAttribute name="menuclass"/>
<hr/>
<tiles:insertTemplate template="/test2.action">
</tiles:insertTemplate>

test2.action works, /s2t2/test2.action produces the text "test2layout jsp page".

However, what bottom.jsp renders is
"The requested resource (/s2t2/test2.action) is not available"
in place of where the action's result should be inserted.

Any thoughts? (Sorry for the complicated jsp/tiles, I was testing out
a few other things as well.)

The war file is available here:
http://www.speedyshare.com/399123758.html

Dok