tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Fitt, Arthur" <af...@ptc.com>
Subject RE: How to set the value of an attribute to the value of a bean property.
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:02:10 GMT
I finally got my views rendering correctly. I thought I'd document my
solution here to help folks in the future.

I got my pages to render correctly using the the view handler code found
at the shale site http://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SHALE-302. I am
using the view handler code attached to the issue only. I am not using
shale. The JspTilesTwoViewHandlerImpl from tomahawk did not work well
for my application.

Tags with JSP el expressions, <tiles:insertTemplate
template="${sessionScope['ViewBeanManager'].toolbarUiPath}" />, did not
work in my application until I updated my web.xml file to use the new
JSP version 2.4 schema definition. I am using Jboss 4.2.2 as my
application server.

Specifically I updated my web.xml file from.

<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC
  "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN"

<web-app>
</web-app>

         version="2.4">

</web-app>