tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question re: attribute evaluation
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 20:00:05 GMT
I think I misunderstood your question, sorry.
I will try to answer better this time.

2008/2/13, Tim Kannenberg <tkannenb@celerasystems.com>:
> Because ${current} is undefined when the body content is evaluated, this produces a table
with 5 rows, each of which contains a single cell with nothing in it.  Is this an unavoidable
consequence of the way Tiles works, or is there a way to make Tiles treat the content of the
putAttribute tag as a literal string to be inserted into the template and then evaluated along
with the rest of the template page?

It is unavoidable, since the JSP page put inside the
<tiles:putAttribute> tag body is evaluated *before* putting it as an
attribute value.
But in your particular case, why don't you use a list attribute?
http://tiles.apache.org/tutorial/advanced/list-attributes.html

Ciao
Antonio