tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to set the value of an attribute to the value of a bean property.
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 18:40:33 GMT
2008/2/28, Fitt, Arthur <afitt@ptc.com>:
> I'm converting from using stuts-tiles in JSF 1.1 to tiles 2 and JSF 1.2.
>  Most everything is working since a used the code for the
>  TilesViewHandler I found on the Shale page.
>  http://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SHALE-302. I am using tiles
>  version 2.0.5.

Don't use it, Shale Tiles support is outdated. Try to use the Myfaces
one (JspTilesTwoViewHandlerImpl):
useful for you:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/tomahawk/trunk/core/src/main/java/org/apache/myfaces/tomahawk/application/jsp/JspTilesTwoViewHandlerImpl.java
Try to follow the docs for Struts/Tiles, adapting it for Tiles 2:
http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/tiles.html

>  In struts-tiles I was able to embed a template whose URI was the value
>  of a java property using the following syntax.
>

>    <tiles:insert
>       beanName="ViewBeanManager"
>       beanProperty="toolbarUiPath"
>       beanScope="session"
>       ignore="true"
>       flush="false"
>    />

You can translate it into:
<tiles:insertTemplate
template="${sessionScope['ViewBeanManager'].toolbarUiPath}"
ignore="true" flush="false"/>

HTH
Antonio