tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Gamble, Wesley (WG10)" <W...@tmw.com>
Subject Dropping in Tiles 2.0.6 breaks my Struts app.
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 16:54:42 GMT
I attempted to move to Tiles 2.0.6 but it caused problems in my Struts
2.0.11.1 app.

In WEB-INF/lib, I simply replaced the 2.0.5 versions of  tiles-api,
tiles-core, and tiles-jsp with the 2.0.6 versions and when I went to run
my first action, I got the following exception:

org.apache.tiles.TilesException: ServletException including path
'/layouts/base.jsp'.

org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.render(BasicTilesContainer.jav
a:614)

org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.render(BasicTilesContainer.jav
a:246)

org.apache.struts2.views.tiles.TilesResult.doExecute(TilesResult.java:10
4)

org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.StrutsResultSupport.execute(StrutsResultSu
pport.java:178)

It appears that my layout could not be found.

Is there something else that needs to change to make Tiles 2.0.6 work
with Struts 2.0.11.1?  I don't see a new version of the Tiles plugin for
Struts anywhere.  Did the format of the Tiles config. file change
perhaps?

Below is my current config. data.

Thanks,

Wes

Here's my Tiles support configuration in web.xml:

<!-- Tiles support -->

  <context-param>

<param-name>org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.DEFINITIONS_CONFIG
</param-name>

      <param-value>/tiles/tiles.xml</param-value>

  </context-param>

  <listener>

<listener-class>org.apache.tiles.web.startup.TilesListener</listener-cla
ss>

  </listener>

  <!-- Tiles support -->

Here's my Tiles configuration file:

<!DOCTYPE tiles-definitions PUBLIC "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD
Tiles Configuration 2.0//EN"

       "http://tiles.apache.org/dtds/tiles-config_2_0.dtd">

<tiles-definitions>

  <definition name="baseLayout" template="/layouts/base.jsp">

      <put-attribute name="head" value="/tiles/head.jsp" />

      <put-attribute name="content" value="/tiles/content.jsp" />

  </definition>

  <definition name="startApplication" extends="baseLayout">

      <put-attribute name="content" value="/tiles/start_application.jsp"
/>

  </definition>

</tiles-definitions>