tiles-users mailing list archives

From Bobby Fincher <bfinc...@sapient.com>
Subject Issues with content rendering in nested tiles
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 16:58:47 GMT

Content is not being rendered on a nested tile, but it worked fine it 1.1.  I tried upgrading
to 2.1.3, but I am experiencing the same problem.  I have switched application servers from
ATG DAS 6.3 to Jboss 4.2.0EAP.  If anyone has a similar problem, please let me know.  See
example below:

Sample code from jsp page:
<tiles:definition name="layouts.global" template="global.jsp">
        Inside Tile
    <tiles:putAttribute name="html-header"  value="html-header.jsp"/>
    <tiles:putAttribute name="header" value="header.jsp"/>
    <tiles:putAttribute name="group-booking-header" value="group-booking-header.jsp"/>
        <tiles:putAttribute name="body">
                <tiles:definition name="layouts.corp-lg" template="body-corp-lg-sm.jsp"
extends="layouts.base.corp">
                        Inside nested tile
                        <tiles:putAttribute name="bookflap" value="bookflap from nested
definition"/>
                        <tiles:putAttribute name="breadcrumb" value="breadcrumb from nested
definition"/>
                        <tiles:putAttribute name="content-lg" value="content-lg from nested
definition"/>
                        <tiles:putAttribute name="content-sm" value="content-sm from nested
definition"/>
                </tiles:definition>
        </tiles:putAttribute>
        <tiles:putAttribute name="footer" value="footer.jsp"/>
</tiles:definition>
<tiles:insertDefinition name="layouts.global" />

Output:
It is displaying "Inside Tile", but not the "Inside Nested Tile".

Begin of nested example

Inside Tile Global Layout Page

html-header.jsp

header.jsp