tiles-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issues with content rendering in nested tiles
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 07:19:05 GMT
2009/8/12 Bobby Fincher <bfincher@sapient.com>:
> This is the behaviour that I want to happen and I think it is correct.

You may think so, but we never wanted it, so it is definitely a side
effect. The "correct way" is to use an attribute of type string and
insert it in the template.

>  You can see in the included sample output that "Inside Tile" is displayed, but you
don't see "Inside nested tile" in the output. You can search for the word "Inside" in the
include attachment and you will see the statements:

> out.write("\tInside Tile\n");
> out.write("  \t\t\tInside nested tile\n");

In fact, the "bug" is that the string is rendered to the user, that
should not happen, not the opposite. IMO this is a minor bug, since if
you don't do it, nothing wrong happens. Notice that with "wrong" I
mean "the appearance of that string as a result".

Antonio