tiles-users mailing list archives

From bejaoui zied <bejaouiz...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: help jsf+tiles
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 09:22:03 GMT

Thanks for you reply,

I tried this and still the body,footer,sidemenu and login form are not showing up, O only
see the header and the default menu.
Do i need to add the tiles taglib to the jsf file? if so how to do it.

Here is my JSF file it's a simple blank page with static text:

<jsp:root version="2.1" xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"
xmlns:jsp="http://java.sun.com/JSP/Page" xmlns:webuijsf="http://www.sun.com/webui/webuijsf">
    <jsp:directive.page contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8" pageEncoding="UTF-8"/>

    <f:view>
        <webuijsf:page id="page1">

            <webuijsf:html id="html1">
                <webuijsf:head id="head1">
                    <webuijsf:link id="link1" url="/resources/stylesheet.css"/>
                </webuijsf:head>
                <webuijsf:body id="body1" style="-rave-layout: grid">
                    <webuijsf:form id="form1">
                        <webuijsf:staticText id="staticText1" style="position: absolute;
left: 456px; top: 192px" text="the jsf file"/>
                    </webuijsf:form>
                </webuijsf:body>
            </webuijsf:html>
        </webuijsf:page>
    </f:view>
</jsp:root>

And what about faces-config I have added a bit of code I have found on the net:

faces-config version="1.2"
    xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-facesconfig_1_2.xsd">
    <managed-bean>
        <managed-bean-name>ApplicationBean1</managed-bean-name>
        <managed-bean-class>webapplication2.ApplicationBean1</managed-bean-class>
        <managed-bean-scope>application</managed-bean-scope>
    </managed-bean>
    <managed-bean>
        <managed-bean-name>upload$body</managed-bean-name>
        <managed-bean-class>webapplication2.upload.body</managed-bean-class>
        <managed-bean-scope>request</managed-bean-scope>
    </managed-bean>
    <managed-bean>
        <managed-bean-name>upload$home1</managed-bean-name>
        <managed-bean-class>webapplication2.upload.home1</managed-bean-class>
        <managed-bean-scope>request</managed-bean-scope>
    </managed-bean>
    <application>
        <view-handler>
            org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk.application.jsp.JspTilesTwoViewHandlerImpl
        </view-handler>
    </application>
</faces-config>

ZIED BEJAOUI
Tel: 0044(0)7506628905

> Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 11:10:19 +0200
> Subject: Re: help jsf+tiles
> From: antonio.petrelli@gmail.com
> To: users@tiles.apache.org
>
> 2009/9/3 bejaoui zied <bejaouizied@hotmail.com>:
> > My tiles are actually working fine the only thing is that I want to use a jsf file
as a body of tiles definition as mentioned in my first mail, however the JSF files is not
showing up, is there any configuration to be done in order to be able to use JSF files as
a part of the tiles definition?

> Starting from your definition:
>
> <definition name="filepage" template="/example/template.jsp">
>  <put-attribute name="body" value="/upload/home1.jsp" />
>     </definition>
>
> I see that you are putting the JSP pages, not "pre-processed" by JSF
> engine. You should give the faces URL, in your case:
>  <put-attribute name="body" value="/faces/upload/home1.jsp" />
>
> See if this approach works.
>
> Antonio
>
> P.S. I am still waiting for version numbers of Tiles and JSF.

A la recherche de bons plans pour une rentrée pas chère ? Bing ! Trouvez !
http://www.bing.com/search?q=bons+plans+rentr%C3%A9e&form=MVDE6