tiles-users mailing list archives

From Brian Stewart <Brian.Stew...@ahom.com>
Subject RE: Resource import on individual pages
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 17:49:25 GMT
Antonio probably has some other suggestions, but here are my 2 cents...

If you can anticipate which pieces you might want to include in child tiles, just put a placeholder
for them in the parent layout.  For example, I anticipate that I will have custom Javascript
in each page.  I have setup the base layout and had it include a placeholder (ignoring it
if it is not present) that can be filled in if needed by users of this layout...

baseLayout.jsp includes...
<%@ taglib uri="http://tiles.apache.org/tags-tiles" prefix="tiles" %>
	<head>
<!--==========-->
<!-- scripts  -->
<!--==========-->
<tiles:insertAttribute name="javascript" ignore="true"/>
<!--==========-->
<!-- styles   -->
<!--==========-->
<link href="css/cprocessing.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<link href="../../css/base.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>

tiles-default contains this definition...
<definition name="layout.base" 	template="/WEB-INF/webtiles/common/layout/baseLayout.jsp">

tiles-search contains this definition...
<definition name="layout.cSearch" 				extends="layout.base">
<put-attribute name="javascript"	value="/WEB-INF/webtiles/cSearch/javascripts.jsp" />

javascripts.jsp contains...
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/pageTimer.js"></script>

Regards,
Brian Stewart