tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Gallagher, Jim \(UK Europe Middle East & Group Functions, Technology Services\)" <Jim.Gallag...@rbs.co.uk>
Subject Issue with retrieving Tiles definitions in code
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 10:27:04 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently writing a web application using Java 5, Websphere 6.1, JSF
and Tiles 2.0.6 (versions mandated by organisation).

I'm converting a multi-brand menu system from Struts-Tiles, and having
an issue when processing definitions. What I'm trying to achieve is:

Define a DefinitionManager in the ViewPreparer for a given definition
Read another definition (stored in menus.xml, referenced in the web.xml)
into a Definition object, to process the rules contained therein

My problem is that I cannot see how to get a link to the correct
DefinitionsFactory that contains the default definitions read in at
application startup. I'd even settle for re-reading them, but cannot
find a way how to do that either without getting a reference to the
factory.

Could anyone provide any assistance or advice? All constructive advice
gratefully received.

                                 Regards,

                                         Jim

Jim Gallagher,
Internet mail: 	jim.gallagher@rbs.co.uk

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc, Registered in Scotland No. 90312. Registered Office: 36 St
Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB

Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only. If the message is received
by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to
it and then delete the message from your computer. Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure.
The Royal Bank of Scotland plc does not accept responsibility for changes made to this message
after it was sent.

Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the transmission of viruses, it is the
responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward transmission, opening or use of
this message and any attachments will not adversely affect its systems or data. No responsibility
is accepted by The Royal Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient should carry