tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Gallagher, Jim \(UK Europe Middle East & Group Functions, Technology Services\)" <Jim.Gallag...@rbs.co.uk>
Subject RE: Issue with retrieving Tiles definitions in code
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 11:25:34 GMT
Thanks for your reply Antonio.

This behaviour was available in Struts-Tiles, has it been removed from Tiles 2.0?

The rules definition is, as you say, not designed to be rendered. It's purpose is to hold
a list of security roles  - these roles are processed programmatically and this decides whether
the user sees that menu item (or entire menu), based on their assigned role.

This functionality is used in our (very extensive) Branding & Security framework for Struts-Tiles,
and I'd be keen to maintain it with only minimal change if possible. However, if it's not
possible to recreate this in Tiles 2.0, I'd appreciate any suggestions as to how to achieve
the objective.

                                 Regards,

                                         Jim

Jim Gallagher,
Core Web Security,
Group Technology Solutions,
Royal Bank of Scotland,
Parkgate Business Park,
Parkgate Street,
Dublin 8.
RBS Depot Code: DUB

ITS: 			7-4171-7167
External:		+353-1-648 7167
Internet mail: 	jim.gallagher@rbs.co.uk
P Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.