tiles-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Reichenberg <jreichenb...@hotwire.com>
Subject RE: Locales and refresh()
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 19:47:43 GMT
Thank you.  Just filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TILES-503

I don't have a test case or patch unfortunately.  At this point we don't need localization
of tiles, so our workaround for now is to force everything into the default locale by configuring
our own LocaleResolver class.

-----Original Message-----
From: Antonio Petrelli [mailto:antonio.petrelli@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 12:49 AM
To: users@tiles.apache.org
Subject: Re: Locales and refresh()

2010/3/10 Jeff Reichenberg <jreichenberg@hotwire.com>:
> It all works fine, except in the case described below where refresh() /sometimes/ does
not pick up the definition changes.  Thoughts on whether we are misconfigured or if this
a bug in the framework are appreciated...
> The notion of refresh() relying on a global cache of last mod dates that can be updated
when only a single locale is processed appears to be an issue.  Bug or misuse?

Bug indeed. IIRC, when a top definition file is changed (in the sense
of locale hierarchy), lower definition maps are not invalidated.
Please open a JIRA issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TILES
Attach a test case if possible, possibly with a Maven war structure.
If you post a patch, your issue will be processed faster.

Thanks for the report!
Antonio