tiles-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue with retrieving Tiles definitions in code
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 10:42:57 GMT
Can you explain what you need in a more abstract way?
What definition files are you reading?
How do you want to override the definitions defined there?
I would like to have a broader knowledge before I can help you.

Antonio

2010/3/9 Gallagher, Jim (UK Europe Middle East & Group Functions,
Technology Services) <Jim.Gallagher@rbs.co.uk>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently writing a web application using Java 5, Websphere 6.1, JSF
> and Tiles 2.0.6 (versions mandated by organisation).
>
> I'm converting a multi-brand menu system from Struts-Tiles, and having
> an issue when processing definitions. What I'm trying to achieve is:
>
> Define a DefinitionManager in the ViewPreparer for a given definition
> Read another definition (stored in menus.xml, referenced in the web.xml)
> into a Definition object, to process the rules contained therein
>
> My problem is that I cannot see how to get a link to the correct
> DefinitionsFactory that contains the default definitions read in at
> application startup. I'd even settle for re-reading them, but cannot
> find a way how to do that either without getting a reference to the
> factory.
>
> Could anyone provide any assistance or advice? All constructive advice
> gratefully received.
>

>                                 Regards,
>
>                                         Jim
>
> Jim Gallagher,
> Internet mail:  jim.gallagher@rbs.co.uk
>

> The Royal Bank of Scotland plc, Registered in Scotland No. 90312. Registered Office:
36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB

> Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
>
> This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only. If the message
is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by
replying to it and then delete the message from your computer. Internet e-mails are not necessarily
secure. The Royal Bank of Scotland plc does not accept responsibility for changes made to
this message after it was sent.

> Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the transmission of viruses, it is
the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward transmission, opening or use
of this message and any attachments will not adversely affect its systems or data. No responsibility
is accepted by The Royal Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient should carry