tiles-users mailing list archives

From Sundeep Bhuvanagiri <sundeep.n...@gmail.com>
Subject I18nFactorySet in Tiles 2.2
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 11:40:15 GMT
Hello all,

The project I am working on has been using Struts tiles 1.3. Since I am
trying to upgrade from Spring 2.1 to Spring 3.0.x, I am trying to migrate
to Tiles 2.2. The migration guide[
http://tiles.apache.org/2.2/framework/migration/index.html] is helping me
along. However, I seem to have hit a wall and am looking for help. I am
even doubtful if this should be asked at Spring community. But, given the
multitude of things that Spring has, I felt it would be relevant to ask it
here. Here are the details:

This is the tilesConfigurer we were using,

<bean id="tilesConfigurer"
class="org.springframework.web.servlet.view.tiles.TilesConfigurer">
        <property name="factoryClass">

<value>org.apache.struts.tiles.xmlDefinition.I18nFactorySet</value>
        </property>
        <property name="definitions">
            <list>
                <value>/WEB-INF/tiles-defs.xml</value>
            </list>
        </property>
</bean>

Since, the above class is deprecated in Spring 3.0.x, I changed it to use
org.springframework.web.servlet.view.tiles2.TilesConfigurer

The tiles2.TilesConfigurer does not have a setFactoryClass method unlike
tiles.TilesConfigurer which is now deprecated.

I have looked up the tiles2.TilesConfigurer api, which now has the methods,
*setDefinitionsFactoryClass* and *setPreparerFactoryClass*. Not only I am
unable to decide which one is relevant here, I can't find an equivalent
class for org.apache.struts.tiles.xmlDefinition.I18nFactorySet. Is there
something of this sort directly available in Tiles 2.2, or do I need to
revisit some of my existing code with an equivalent that is available in
Tiles 2.2?

Any pointer will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Sundeep