tiles-users mailing list archives

From Mick Semb Wever <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OptionsRenderer not working
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2013 13:28:49 GMT
ClamAV 0.96.5

> I've traced this back to the
> org.springframework.web.servlet.view.tiles3.SpringWildcardServletTilesApplicationContext.getResources(String)

Please remove SpringWildcardServletTilesApplicationContext from your
spring xml.

<bean id="viewResolver" class="org.springframework.web.servlet.view.tiles3.TilesViewResolver"

    <property name="cache" value="false"/>
    <property name="viewClass" value="org.springframework.web.servlet.view.tiles3.TilesView"
/>
</bean>
<bean id="tilesConfigurer" class="org.springframework.web.servlet.view.tiles3.TilesConfigurer">
    <property name="tilesInitializer">
        <bean class="com.ia.system.tiles3.TilesInitializer" />
    </property>
</bean>

SpringWildcardServletTilesApplicationContext comes automatically from TilesConfigurer
 ref: https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-framework/commit/42a9285

> or there is a bug in OptionsRenderer that doesn't properly handle the
> IllegalArgumentException

It would help to see the stack trace to this IAE.
But the OptionsRenderer does not fallback when there's an exception in a
template (jsp) that it has found. In this situation that template is
broken and the exception is thrown. OptionsRenderer only falls back when
a template is not found.

~mck

--
"Give me a firm place to stand and I will move the earth." Archimedes

| http://github.com/finn-no | http://tech.finn.no |