tiles-users mailing list archives

From Mick Semb Wever <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OptionsRenderer not working
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2013 16:08:37 GMT
ClamAV 0.96.5

> But if you read the code, you see that FileNotFound is actually never thrown.  Since
FileNotFoundException is a subclass of IOException, the exception
> is caught and wrapped in an IllegalArgumentException, which is a runtime exception.
renderAttempt() only tries to catch FileNotFound exceptions,
> which are never actually thrown, and consequently, it is never able to process the different
options.

Yeah you're quite right! and my very poor memory failed to catch this.

OptionsRenderer is already patched to address this
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tiles/framework/trunk/tiles-extras/src/main/java/org/apache/tiles/extras/renderer/OptionsRenderer.java?r1=1368433&r2=1422025

The reason for the ResourceLoader throwing a RuntimeException and not a
checked exception is up to Spring, not tiles.

I will start the process for a new release of tiles, in the meantime i
suggest you continue with tiles-extras-3.0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar

~mck

--
The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice. –
Martin Luther King Jr.

| http://github.com/finn-no | http://tech.finn.no |