tiles-users mailing list archives

From Eric B <ebe...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: OptionsRenderer not working
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2013 18:20:15 GMT
On 13-10-28 1:59 PM, Mick Semb Wever wrote:

>> In the meantime, I wrote up a hacky Aspect to intercept the
>> RuntimeException and throw the cause instead when OptionRenderer is
>> the caller.
>
> I'll be interested in anything you think makes life easier to debug such
> problems. I know OptionsRenderer can too easily mask the underlying
> problems.

Honestly, not entirely sure.  Took me a while to step through everything to get a handle on
what was happening.  Too many contexts, factories,
initializers, etc for the un-initiated to really follow easily.  All my Aspect does at the
moment is intercept the SpringWildercardContext
.getResources() method and throws the root cause instead of the RuntimeException if it is
being called by OptionsRenderer.  But this type of hack is
even worse to actually debug, so would not begin to even suggest something like that.

>> Can you please update your Blog with the relevant information in the
>> meantime?  ie: ensuring the "cascade=true" is present in the
>> list-attributes and indicate that it requires 3.0.2-SNAPSHOT at the
>> minimum to be functional?
>
> Done for cascade=true.
> The article afaik doesn't refer anywhere to specific tiles-3 artifacts,
> so i'd like to leave it to the reader that they should use the latest
> available and get tiles-3.0.2 out quickly. (I have to get tiles-master-6
> out first).

I don't actually see a tiles-3.0.2-SNAPSHOT anywhere.  The pom version for extras is 3.1-SNAPSHOT.
 Is there even going to be a 3.0.2 relelase?

I think that minimum version numbers in your blog could be very helpful.  So that people at
least know/understand that to use the built-in classes,
they need at least Spring 3.2 and Tiles 3.0.2.  Otherwise, they will be spending hours (ie:
me! :)) pulling hair trying to understand why things
aren't working.