tinkerpop-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Mallette <spmalle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Thinking on Release
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2016 18:31:59 GMT
Here's our status on the eve of code freeze:

https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/356 (i'm going to merge that
shortly after finishing a merge of tp31 to master i'm testing now)
https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/358 (still under review - marko
seems to be digging through that one with ted)
https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/351 (still under review - but
close to being done)

I would like to take a swipe at getting this one done this afternoon (if
it's easy):

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TINKERPOP-1359

I don't see much reason to hold up code freeze at this point from my
perspective. Let's try to finish up these last bits and move into testing
for next week.

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 10:49 AM, Marko Rodriguez <okrammarko@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > On Jul 6, 2016, at 8:25 AM, Ted Wilmes <twilmes@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Sounds good and I will include benchmark numbers.  I probably won't have
> > large scale Spark cluster #'s at the time of PR but maybe can get those
> out
> > during the freeze.  I did have one question, should this work go into the
> > 3.1 line or just 3.2.x?
>
> Okay. There are some integration tests on MatchStep that consume a lot of
> memory due to path-data. I think we can get a good idea of speed on Spark
> simply by how much faster the integration tests run! :) But, of course,
> large scale cluster testing would be awesome.
>
> Regarding 3.1.x or 3.2.x — it depends. I suspect the changes are pretty
> complex and thus, it would be best to put into 3.2.x only, but if not, then
> yes, target 3.1.x and up merge to 3.2.x. Up to you.
>
> Thanks,
> Marko.
>

> > Thanks,
> > Ted
> >
> > On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 9:15 AM, Marko Rodriguez <okrammarko@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> @Ted: When you get that PR out, I will immediately focus on reviewing
> it.
> >> Please make sure your branch has master/ merged into it so we know we
> know
> >> that if the code/design is good, then there won’t be any hiccups on
> merge.
> >>
> >> *** Also, benchmarks that dropping paths is “good” will be very
> important
> >> so hopefully you have that coming too.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Marko.
> >>
> >> http://markorodriguez.com

> there
> >> this

> morning

> spmallette@gmail.com>

> up
> start

 Still
> Have

Thus,
> if
> accordingly.

> It
> of

> Shooting

release. We have

<

few things on my

<

on this thread. I
of July 4th as the

<

perspective, it probably
not Apache Gremlin.

and some other Apache
don't even include
just do:

Mallette <

to conform more to
if it was mandatory we
count at this point. i'm
we want them to be?

so the latter doesn't look

Marko Rodriguez <

good. There are 2 severe bug
get out there. 3.2.0 had lots
> of
price by incurring bugs. :|

our distributables are supposed
of apache-gremlin*.zip. Maybe
done along with this release.

as "tinkerpop" besides the
The two other
and I think we should
> keep
reflect what is being
is correct.

Jason Plurad <
> pluradj@gmail.com

our distributables are supposed
of apache-gremlin*.zip. Maybe
done along with this release.

9:55 AM, Stephen Mallette <

be good to have another hand there.

at 9:13 AM, Ted Wilmes <

sounds good.  I'd be interested in
steps so that I might be able to

2016 at 5:35 AM, Marvin Froeder <

for some reason I though it was on the

25, 2016 at 10:22 PM, Stephen Mallette <

think we need to relocate anything. The
name, so we will just remove it for future

May 25, 2016 at 4:55 AM, Jean-Baptiste Musso <

this is a good idea. This could make these
I've often felt that the -incubating suffix
look "alpha-ish" / "beta-ish", even though

aside, bug fixes never hurt.

May 25, 2016 at 12:49 AM, Stephen Mallette <

We've seen a lot of good fixes/optimizations to 3.1.3
> [...]
wonder if we shouldn't exercise our new found TLP

and get rid of the "-incubating" at the end of our

and artifacts. thoughts?