tinkerpop-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Mallette <spmalle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Code Freeze 3.1.8/3.2.6/3.3.0
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2017 14:44:36 GMT
Just a quick update, I've managed to publish snapshot docs for 3.3.0 and
3.2.6. Things are still a little mysterious as to why things were broken,
but here's my best guess of things that caused problems:

1. there was a changed required to the doc post processor for python - a
recent renaming of a python class caused a break
2. giraph 1.2.0 seems to hang hadoop. so i reverted. it not only broke for
docs, but i also couldn't get even a job to run manually from the console
with that 1.2.0 version
3. the hang seemed to end hadoop completely (i.e. no other job would run
after that failure) which led me to believe there were problems on tp32
when i went to generate docs over there. i managed to notice that a restart
of hadoop between failures seemed to clear things up.

none of the above explains the hangs we've also seen in docker.......of
course that seemed to only happen in some environments. some of you have
mentioned to me privately that docker works on tp32. i've not heard of a
working run on master yet though. i'm trying tp32 with docker now..

going forward i hope to run doc builds more often. it stinks to got his
deep into code freeze focused getting this working. would have liked to
have spend more of this week on testing and documentation review.