tinkerpop-dev mailing list archives

From Luis Bosquez Gonzalez <lb...@microsoft.com.INVALID>
Subject RE: Syntax highlighting for Gremlin
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2018 23:04:51 GMT
Hi Stephen,

In our docs we have specific Gremlin snippets (mostly commands from the Gremlin Console),
that aren't meant to be called within any specific framework. For now we can use some standard
C# or Java highlighting, but I wanted to know if there was any interest in starting such an
initiative.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Mallette <spmallette@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, June 4, 2018 2:17 PM
To: dev@tinkerpop.apache.org
Cc: Ashwini Singh <ashwsing@microsoft.com>
Subject: Re: Syntax highlighting for Gremlin

I don't believe we have anything like that - specific to Gremlin itself i mean. Typically,
we fall back to the native language for highlighting. So, if you write gremlin in java you
would use Java highlighting, if you wrote your Gremlin in C# then you would get c# highlighting,
and so on. Do you feel like there's a nicer highlighting format that should be considered?

As an aside, related to formatting Gremlin, we do have this Style Guide:

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftinkerpop.apache.org%2Fdocs%2Fcurrent%2Frecipes%2F%23style-guide&data=02%7C01%7Clbosq%40microsoft.com%7C9827da9bcd8245713d6108d5ca609a3a%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C1%7C636637438609543174&sdata=7%2FGgXgrEbTl2UXxzIKQ7VPj%2FyrzztUC17CuXwrkKt6U%3D&reserved=0