From Anthony Ikeda <anthony.ik...@proxima-tech.com>
Subject RE: jsp compiling error
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2000 04:31:36 GMT
I came across this one. The problem was the servlet_2_2.jar file (or the
servlet-2.2.0.jar).

Once I removed this from the classpath the error not longer happened.

Anthony Ikeda,
Web Application Developer,
Proxima Technology,

Level 13,
181 Miller Street,
North Sydney
Australia

PH: +612-9458-1718
Mob: 041 624 5143

-----Original Message-----
From: Maya Muchnik [mailto:mmuchnik@pumatech.com]
Sent: Friday, 10 November 2000 9:37 AM
To: taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: jsp compiling error

Hil all,

I have already asked you to help me with this error. I have tested good
examples from Sun Microsystems
( http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/tutorial/TagLibraries15.html#62465
<http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/tutorial/TagLibraries15.html#62465> ). And
it is still not work. The same error (see below). What I am missing?

 Unhandled error! You might want to consider having an error page to report
such errors more gracefully
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
 at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.createAttribute(TagLibraryInfo
Impl.java:502)
 at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.createTagInfo(TagLibraryInfoIm
pl.java:419)
 at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.parseTLD(TagLibraryInfoImpl.ja
va:374)
 at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.<init>(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java
:232)
 at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleDirective(JspParseEve
ntListener.java:665)
 at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleDirective(DelegatingList
ener.java:116)
 at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser$Directive.accept(Parser.java:215)
 at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1073)
 at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1038)
 at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1034)
 at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:182)
 at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:413)
 at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspSe
rvlet.java:149)
 at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:161)
 at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:261)

 at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:369)
 at

 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)
 at
onnectionHandler.java:160)
 at
)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)