From "Mark Scott" <msc...@outerforce.com>
Subject RE: jspService Error
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2001 00:40:35 GMT
I've gotten the taglibs to work previously in 51, I'll be setting 60
up on solaris friday...
>What service pack/vm/os?
no service pack, jdk 1.3, win2000 local instance
>How are you deploying
straight tld reference, no webapp yet...
>Did it work and then stop after modifying the page?
worked fine, no modifications just new pages with taglibs, now test page is
no good.
>Have you tried waxing the temp_war directory?
no, would there be one even if I'm only referencing the tld, not through
web.xml
>What is the full dump from WL?

Thu Jan 25 19:20:59 EST 2001:<I> <WebLogicServer> WebLogic Server started
Thu Jan 25 19:21:14 EST 2001:<I> <ServletContext-General> *.jsp: init
Thu Jan 25 19:21:14 EST 2001:<I> <ServletContext-General> looking for taglib
uri
 TagTest.tld as resource /WEB-INF/TagTest.tld in Web Application root:
Thu Jan 25 19:21:16 EST 2001:<I> <ServletContext-General> Generated java
file: C
:\weblogic\myserver\classfiles\myserver\classfiles\_test\_tagpage.java
Thu Jan 25 19:21:27 EST 2001:<E> <ServletContext-General> Servlet failed
with Ex
ception
java.lang.VerifyError: (class: myserver/classfiles/_test/_tagpage, method:
_jspS
ervice signature:
(Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest;Ljavax/servlet/http/Ht
tpServletResponse;)V) Incompatible object argument for function call
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:365)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createInstances(ServletStub
Impl.java:349)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubI
mpl.java:338)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspStub.prepareServlet(JspStub.java:185)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.getServlet(ServletStubImpl.
java:164)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:99)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:123)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletCon
textImpl.java:742)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletCon
textImpl.java:686)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(Servlet
ContextManager.java:247)
        at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.jav
a:361)
        at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:261)

> Did you just switch Service Packs?
installed j2ee.jar, and implementing Input Taglib
thanks,
Mark