From "Madhavi Thulluru" <madh...@translogicsys.com>
Subject problem in sending the bean as a parameter to taglib
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2001 13:06:35 GMT
Hi,
    I am working with taglibs in JSP. In that I have to send one bean as an argument to a
taglib. It was working perfectly with Jakarta-tomcat version 3.1, Linux 7 and JDK 1.3.  Now
we switched to Jakarta-tomcat version 3.2 and the remaining are same.
Now I am getting problem with this.
The code is :

<%@ taglib uri="/directory" prefix="v_dir" %>
<jsp:useBean id="dirObj" class="directory.dirHome" scope="request">
<jsp:setProperty name="dirObj" property="*"/>
</jsp:useBean>

<v_dir:dirMainpage obj="<%= dirObj %>"/>

Now when I am passing bean id  "dirObj" - it is giving error :

error message is : " org.apache.jasper.compiler.CompileException: /var/www/pms-mysql/jsp/tools/6/directory.jsp(7,0)
Unable to convert a String to directory.dirHome for attribute obj "

I just commented the bean passing code and tried. to my surprise it is still giving the same
error.
The code is :

<%@ taglib uri="/directory" prefix="v_dir" %>

<v_dir:dirMainpage obj="<%= dirObj %>"/>

Can you anyone help me in soling this problem...

Thanks in advance,
Madhavi Thulluru.