From "Mark Scott" <msc...@outerforce.com>
Subject RE: Request Taglib
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2001 23:46:42 GMT
RE: Request TaglibThanks, This is very helpful ...
I'll take a close look at your implementation....
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Delagrange, Morgan [mailto:mdelagra@us.britannica.com]
  Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2001 6:29 PM
  To: 'taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org'
  Subject: RE: Request Taglib

  It's a point of confusion for Weblogic.  Weblogic thinks you're trying to
find a JavaBean called hdrs, but what you're actually trying to find is an
Attribute called hdrs, which Weblogic 5.1 does not support.  That's why I
use a custom tag instead of Weblogic's build-in jsp:getProperty tag.

  > is it the TagHandler ?, I'm still in the dark..
  > even your code refers to using introspection on a bean, I understand
reason why
  > the getProperty tag is used, my dilema is, what purpose is it serving in
that Taglib
  > using the hdrs sample as a reference...

  In Weblogic, you can't use the standard jsp:getProperty tag.  You should
use a custom tag instead.

  > Weblogic 5.1 doesn't yet support the JSP 1.2 implementation of
jsp:getProperty
  > I'm moving to 6.0 this week, so does this mean that property tag is
  > compatible with 6.0 ?

  I'm not sure.  It may, but I think the new JSP 1.2 spec is still just a
draft.