From Maya Muchnik <mmuch...@pumatech.com>
Subject Re: a problem with response taglibs
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2001 16:42:56 GMT
Hi, all,
I am sorry to butter you again. In the response tag library, senderror
tag has "restrictions" about using the tag body for an error message. It
does not work - the error message is "non visible". When I have changed
the SendErrorTag.java as the following (changes are in red color):

public class SendErrorTag extends BodyTagSupport
{
    private int error = 0;
    private boolean reset = false;
    private String errMsg;   // added
}
public final int doAfterBody() throws JspException
{
        // Use the body of the tag as header value
        BodyContent body = getBodyContent();
        String s = body.getString();
        errMsg = s;   // added
}
public final int doEndTag() throws JspException
{
        // added the following text
        try {
            pageContext.getOut().write(errMsg);
        } catch(Exception e) {
            throw new JspException("IO Error: " + e.getMessage());
        }
        return EVAL_PAGE;
        //return SKIP_PAGE;
}
After that, the error message between start and end tag became
"visible". Is this a bug, or I am not correct?
P.S. See senderror.jsp also.