From Pierre Delisle <pierre.deli...@sun.com>
Subject Re: unable to open tablibrary
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2001 21:35:45 GMT
Hummm...

The exception message that you are getting has the following signature
in Jasper (tomcat's JSP engine):

   jsp.error.badtaglib=Unable to open taglibrary {0} : {1}

And it is called with the following arguments:
   - the uri of the taglib directive
       in your case this is ->  http://www.yangc.com/taglib/testtags
   - the message of the exception
       in your case this is -> null

What's weird is that you get 'null' for the value of ex.getMessage(),
which would probably mean a NullPointerException occurring somewhere.

Is it possible for you to build tomcat 3.2.1?
If so, I could tell you exactly where to instrument the code
to get a stack trace of that NPE.

If not, I could send you that "instrumented" class, but you'd have to
insert it in tomcat's classpath before it hits the class it
replaces in tomcat (and you'd have to trust me that nothing bad
is in that class...).

    -- Pierre