From "Delagrange, Morgan" <mdela...@us.britannica.com>
Subject RE: sql tag lib.
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2001 16:03:26 GMT
Hi Robert, Hi Jeff,

Robert, just so you know, Taglibs has a SQL tag library (called JDBC) that
you might find useful.  It hasn't been officially released to the site, but
you can find it in the CVS repository under the JDBC directory.

Jeff, generally I agree that JSP is a view technology, but I don't see a
good reason to restrict it to that.  In this particular example, if what you
desire in your view closely matched the database contents, I don't see a
compelling reason to push the model out to a Bean.  Many other
template-based technologies use direct database connectivity to good effect.

- Morgan