From "Delagrange, Morgan" <mdela...@us.britannica.com>
Subject RE: Request Taglib
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2001 23:28:43 GMT

It's a point of confusion for Weblogic.  Weblogic thinks you're trying to
find a JavaBean called hdrs, but what you're actually trying to find is an
Attribute called hdrs, which Weblogic 5.1 does not support.  That's why I
use a custom tag instead of Weblogic's build-in jsp:getProperty tag.

> is it the TagHandler ?, I'm still in the dark..
> even your code refers to using introspection on a bean, I understand
reason why
> the getProperty tag is used, my dilema is, what purpose is it serving in
that Taglib
> using the hdrs sample as a reference...

In Weblogic, you can't use the standard jsp:getProperty tag.  You should use
a custom tag instead.

> Weblogic 5.1 doesn't yet support the JSP 1.2 implementation of
jsp:getProperty
> I'm moving to 6.0 this week, so does this mean that property tag is
> compatible with 6.0 ?

I'm not sure.  It may, but I think the new JSP 1.2 spec is still just a
draft.