From "Yang,Chun" <ya...@omrsystems.com>
Subject unable to open tablibrary
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2001 17:30:56 GMT
Hi, I have encountered the following error message when I try to run a jsp
page with a simple empty bodycontent tag.
The error message reads:
org.apache.jasper.compiler.CompileException:
D:\chun\testarea\taglib\helloworldtag.jsp(0,0) Unable to open taglibrary
http://www.yangc.com/taglib/testtags : null
The entries for the afore-mentioned taglib in web.xml is:
    <taglib>
        <taglib-uri>
           http://www.yangc.com/taglib/testtags
        </taglib-uri>
        <taglib-location>
           /WEB-INF/taglib/test-taglib.tld
        </taglib-location>
    </taglib>
And the test-taglib.tld which is located in <CONTEXT_ROO>/WEB-INF/taglib has
the following entry:
  <tag>
      <name>hw</name>
      <tagclass>HelloWorldTag</tagclass>
      <bodycontent>empty</bodycontent>
      <info>
      </info>
  </tag>
And the jsp page is as simple as
<%@ taglib uri="http://www.yangc.com/taglib/testtags" prefix="foo" %>

<foo:hw/>

<hr>

What could poooossibly be wrong ? I read the documentation several times and
simply couldn't figure this out !

btw, the environment I am working in is Apache1.3.14(win32) and TomCat3.2.1

Your help is greatly appreciated!