From "Ciot, Thierry" <thierry.c...@compuware.com>
Subject RE: what starts session?
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2001 13:28:50 GMT
No mistake.  It jsut happens that session ids are based on cookies and the
cookie is shared by the browser windows.
I bet if you start IE and NS on the same machine to the same application you
will get a different session id.

Thierry

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Karen [mailto:robert_karen@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2001 7:08 PM
To: taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: what starts session?

When I open a window in netscape and run
2 simultaneous sessions (I use that word
loosely - sessions), my tag that calls :
  private String getSessionId() {
    return pageContext.getSession().getId();
  }

returns the same sessionid. Only if I open session
from a new address does it give me a different session
id. Am I making a mistake? Thanks!

Robert Karen