From "K.V. Chandrinos" <kos...@iit.demokritos.gr>
Subject RE: what starts session?
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2001 16:47:44 GMT
On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Delagrange, Morgan wrote:

> Interesting.  How do you activate/deactivate that "feature"?

I've pinged the original author myself but then I did my homework
(apologies) and discovered it is not any more of an option since IE 5.0

Contrary to what is mentioned at the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q240/9/28.ASP?LN=EN-US&SD=gn&FR=0&qry=Browse%20in%20a%20new%20process&rnk=2&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SRCH&SPR=IE

(Don't you love the URLs provided by Microsoft Product Support
Services:-?)

this is NOT automatically enabled according to RAM size (or the installer
mistook my 384MB for under 32MB)

I am on Win 2000, IE 5.0 and my ATG sends the same sessionid to all IE
Windows. I can testify that they share the same process by using
CTRL-ALT-ESC and selecting to kill one of my windows, - pop, the whole IE
dies (some say best part of the experiment:-)

Luckily, it seems they do not know what they are talking about. I am
afraid I have no IE 4.0 handy to test the scenario on my machine
cause with that I could explicitly set "Launch browser windows in a
separate process"

Anyone else has seen different fruit with IE 5.x?

Kostas