From dk...@tcsi.com (David M. Karr)
Subject Re: Using a jsp:include action (JSP 1.1) within a BodyTag taglib tag
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2001 20:09:23 GMT
  Alex> hi folks.  (Sorry for the wide distribution, this question seems to span
  Alex> both the JSP and taglib realm).

  Alex> I'm having a problem with the interaction of a taglib BodyTag and a
  Alex> jsp:include action (or an equivalent taglib tag that uses a
  Alex> pageContext.forward()).  For example, if I have:

  Alex>      <foo:myBodyTag>
  Alex>        Blah Blah...
  Alex>        <jsp:include page="..."/>
  Alex>      </foo:myBodyTag>

  Alex> The output from the jsp:include action always appears BEFORE the output
  Alex> from the myBodyTag taglib tag.

  Alex> (BTW, I'm using Tomcat 3.1)

I'm just a lurker, but I belive this is one of the advantages of the
Struts framework.  The "struts:include" tag deals properly with
nesting situations.

(and I'm sure someone will point out to you that you should be
upgrading to Tomcat 3.2.1, as 3.1 has numerous damaging bugs.)

David M. Karr     ; w:(425)487-8312     ; TCSI & Best Consulting
dkarr@tcsi.com    ; Java/Unix/XML/C++/X ; BrainBench CJ12P (#12004)