tomcat-taglibs-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Mark Scott" <msc...@outerforce.com>
Subject RE: your mail
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2001 15:52:17 GMT
>You appear to be using my "inputbean" tag library, which was just a
>demonstration of an idea.  It's not part of JSP Taglibs and it's not
>tested;

I realized that it was only a demonstration of an idea, and in light of that
I've
expanded on the concept and it lives on, really, only in name.

>Also, you've apparently extended or modified it (what's the class
>'org.apache.taglibs.inputbean.Invalid', so without quite a bit more
>information, I don't think I'll be able to help.

I'm using the tags "inputbean:invalid" only to have access to the lite
validation
framework that I've put together which uses an XML schema mapped to the
fields
of a form for coarse and fine grained constraining of those fields.

I'm still working out the kinks, and will share the code as it manifests
itself...
any feedback is appreciated, you suggested I have a public void
setName(String) method..
There is one already in the code as below..
I've pasted the relevant info below( error, jsp,tld, .java)

> weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspException: (line -1): Error in tag library at:
> 'inputbea
> n': The Tag class 'org.apache.taglibs.inputbean.Invalid' has no setter
> method  c
> orresponding to TLD declared attribute 'name', (JSP 1.1 spec, 5.4.1)
>         at
> weblogic.servlet.jsp.StandardTagLib.jspException(StandardTagLib.java:
> 138)

> -------------------------------IN JSP CODE-----------------
> <inputbean:valid name="submitId" value=<req:parameter name="submitId"/> >
>     <h3>submitId: is valid. </h3>
> </inputbean:valid>
>
> ----------------- INVALID TAG in TLD ---------------------
> <tag>
>     <name>invalid</name>
>     <tagclass>org.apache.taglibs.inputbean.Invalid</tagclass>
>     <bodycontent>JSP</bodycontent>
>     <info>
> 	Executes its body only if the given parameter is invalid,
> 	as defined by the xml schema logic.
> 	logic.
>     </info>
>     <attribute>
> 	<name>name</name>
> 	<required>true</required>
> 	<rtexprvalue>false</rtexprvalue>
>     </attribute>
>     <attribute>
> 	<name>value</name>
> 	<required>true</required>
> 	<rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
>     </attribute>
>   </tag>


public class Invalid extends TagSupport
{
>
>     private String name;			// name of the relevant field
>     private String value;		           // calue of the Input field we're
> concerned with
>
>
>     public void setName(String x)
>     {
> 	this.name = x;
>     }


thanks,
Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Bayern [mailto:shawn.bayern@yale.edu]
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2001 10:17 AM
To: Mark Scott
Cc: taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: your mail


You appear to be using my "inputbean" tag library, which was just a
demonstration of an idea.  It's not part of JSP Taglibs and it's not
tested; it just goes along with the document at

	http://www.shawnbayern.com/input/inputbean.html

as a methodology for designing relatively simple input-gathering web
sites.

Also, you've apparently extended or modified it (what's the class
'org.apache.taglibs.inputbean.Invalid', so without quite a bit more
information, I don't think I'll be able to help.

The error, though, is that there's no public void setName(String) method
in the class you've created.

Best wishes,

Shawn

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Mark Scott wrote:

> Hi,
>      Can someone help me decipher this error msg..
> I'm using weblogic51 and JSP TAGLIBS to turn on and of
> pieces of code, depending on the validation of a specific field and its
> value..
> I keep getting this msg, that says I havn't defined a setter method for
the
> tag attribute "name"
> Any help is appreciated...
>
> thnx,
> Mark
> ----------------------------ERROR MSG--------------------
> weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspException: (line -1): Error in tag library at:
> 'inputbea
> n': The Tag class 'org.apache.taglibs.inputbean.Invalid' has no setter
> method  c
> orresponding to TLD declared attribute 'name', (JSP 1.1 spec, 5.4.1)
>         at
> weblogic.servlet.jsp.StandardTagLib.jspException(StandardTagLib.java:
> 138)
>         at
> weblogic.servlet.jsp.StandardTagLib.processTag(StandardTagLib.java, C
> ompiled Code)
>         at
> weblogic.servlet.jsp.StandardTagLib.processTagElements(StandardTagLib
> .java, Compiled Code)
>         at
> weblogic.servlet.jsp.StandardTagLib.<init>(StandardTagLib.java:125)
>         at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.loadTagLib(JspLexer.java:72)
>         at
> weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.mTAGLIB_DIRECTIVE_BODY(JspLexer.java, C
> ompiled Code)
>         at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.mTAGLIB_DIRECTIVE(JspLexer.java,
> Compil
> ed Code)
>         at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.mDIRECTIVE(JspLexer.java,
Compiled
> Code
> )
>         at
weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.mSTANDARD_THING(JspLexer.java:1636)
>         at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.mTOKEN(JspLexer.java:1477)
>         at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.nextToken(JspLexer.java, Compiled
> Code)
>
>         at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.parse(JspLexer.java, Compiled
Code)
>         at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspParser.doit(JspParser.java, Compiled
> Code)
>         at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspParser.parse(JspParser.java:109)
>         at weblogic.servlet.jsp.Jsp2Java.outputs(Jsp2Java.java:97)
>         at
> weblogic.utils.compiler.CodeGenerator.generate(CodeGenerator.java, Co
> mpiled Code)
>
> -------------------------------IN JSP CODE-----------------
> <inputbean:valid name="submitId" value=<req:parameter name="submitId"/> >
>     <h3>submitId: is valid. </h3>
> </inputbean:valid>
>
> ----------------- INVALID TAG in TLD ---------------------
> <tag>
>     <name>invalid</name>
>     <tagclass>org.apache.taglibs.inputbean.Invalid</tagclass>
>     <bodycontent>JSP</bodycontent>
>     <info>
> 	Executes its body only if the given parameter is invalid,
> 	as defined by the xml schema logic.
> 	logic.
>     </info>
>     <attribute>
> 	<name>name</name>
> 	<required>true</required>
> 	<rtexprvalue>false</rtexprvalue>
>     </attribute>
>     <attribute>
> 	<name>value</name>
> 	<required>true</required>
> 	<rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
>     </attribute>
>   </tag>
> -----------------INVALID CLASS--------------------------
> public class Invalid extends TagSupport {
>
>     private String name;			// name of the relevant field
>     private String value;		           // calue of the Input field we're
> concerned with
>
>
>     public void setName(String x)
>     {
> 	this.name = x;
>     }
>
>     public void setValue(String value) {
> 	this.value = value;
>     }
>
>



Mime
View raw message