From "Mark Scott" <msc...@outerforce.com>
Subject RE: your mail
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2001 17:49:06 GMT
  I finally figured it out after checking for other Classes named Invalid in
my classpath
  "There were a few, one from Oracle, and another from CORBA ... "

   -----Original Message-----
  From: mmuchnik [mailto:mmuchnik]On Behalf Of Maya Muchnik
  Sent: Monday, February 12, 2001 11:30 AM
  To: taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Subject: Re: your mail

  Please check your *.jsp file below:

  It has to be a tag name, that is "invalid".
  The second, try the attribute "name" with
"<rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>".

  Mark Scott wrote:

    >You appear to be using my "inputbean" tag library, which was just a
    >demonstration of an idea.  It's not part of JSP Taglibs and it's not
    >tested;
    I realized that it was only a demonstration of an idea, and in light of
that
    I've
    expanded on the concept and it lives on, really, only in name.

    >Also, you've apparently extended or modified it (what's the class
    >'org.apache.taglibs.inputbean.Invalid', so without quite a bit more
    >information, I don't think I'll be able to help.

    I'm using the tags "inputbean:invalid" only to have access to the lite
    validation
    framework that I've put together which uses an XML schema mapped to the
    fields
    of a form for coarse and fine grained constraining of those fields.

    I'm still working out the kinks, and will share the code as it manifests
    itself...
    any feedback is appreciated, you suggested I have a public void
    setName(String) method..
    There is one already in the code as below..
    I've pasted the relevant info below( error, jsp,tld, .java)

    > weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspException: (line -1): Error in tag library at:
    > 'inputbea
    > n': The Tag class 'org.apache.taglibs.inputbean.Invalid' has no setter
    > method  c
    > orresponding to TLD declared attribute 'name', (JSP 1.1 spec, 5.4.1)
    >         at
    > weblogic.servlet.jsp.StandardTagLib.jspException(StandardTagLib.java:
    > 138)

    public class Invalid extends TagSupport

    >     private String name;                      // name of the relevant
field
    >     private String value;                        // calue of the Input
field we're
    > concerned with
    >

    >     public void setName(String x)
    >

    >       this.name = x;
    >     }

    thanks,
    Mark

    You appear to be using my "inputbean" tag library, which was just a
    demonstration of an idea.  It's not part of JSP Taglibs and it's not
    tested; it just goes along with the document at

            http://www.shawnbayern.com/input/inputbean.html

    as a methodology for designing relatively simple input-gathering web
    sites.

    Also, you've apparently extended or modified it (what's the class
    'org.apache.taglibs.inputbean.Invalid', so without quite a bit more
    information, I don't think I'll be able to help.

    The error, though, is that there's no public void setName(String) method
    in the class you've created.

    Best wishes,

    Shawn

    On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Mark Scott wrote:

    > Hi,
    >      Can someone help me decipher this error msg..
    > I'm using weblogic51 and JSP TAGLIBS to turn on and of
    > pieces of code, depending on the validation of a specific field and
its
    > value..
    > I keep getting this msg, that says I havn't defined a setter method
for
    the
    > tag attribute "name"
    > Any help is appreciated...
    >
    > thnx,
    > Mark
    > ----------------------------ERROR MSG--------------------
    > weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspException: (line -1): Error in tag library at:
    > 'inputbea
    > n': The Tag class 'org.apache.taglibs.inputbean.Invalid' has no setter
    > method  c
    > orresponding to TLD declared attribute 'name', (JSP 1.1 spec, 5.4.1)
    >         at
    > weblogic.servlet.jsp.StandardTagLib.jspException(StandardTagLib.java:
    > 138)
    >         at
    > weblogic.servlet.jsp.StandardTagLib.processTag(StandardTagLib.java, C
    > ompiled Code)
    >         at
    > weblogic.servlet.jsp.StandardTagLib.processTagElements(StandardTagLib
    > .java, Compiled Code)
    >         at
    > weblogic.servlet.jsp.StandardTagLib.<init>(StandardTagLib.java:125)
    >         at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.loadTagLib(JspLexer.java:72)
    >         at
    > weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.mTAGLIB_DIRECTIVE_BODY(JspLexer.java, C
    > ompiled Code)
    >         at
weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.mTAGLIB_DIRECTIVE(JspLexer.java,
    > Compil
    > ed Code)
    >         at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.mDIRECTIVE(JspLexer.java,
    Compiled
    > Code
    > )
    >         at
    weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.mSTANDARD_THING(JspLexer.java:1636)
    >         at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.mTOKEN(JspLexer.java:1477)
    >         at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.nextToken(JspLexer.java,
Compiled
    > Code)
    >
    >         at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.parse(JspLexer.java, Compiled
    Code)
    >         at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspParser.doit(JspParser.java,
Compiled