From "Ward, Jeff" <jw...@BenefitPoint.com>
Subject RE: meaning of EVAL_BODY_TAG
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2001 19:08:29 GMT
  Every time doAfterBody is called it gets a chance to interpret to body up
to that point. When it is done processing it can decide to re-evaluate the
body (loop) or skip the body (end the loop). It really has the dual purpose
of interpreting the body and controlling the looping of the body content. In
tags 1.1 they have split this into two tags so that if you only care about
looping you don’t have to be a body tag.
  -Jeff Ward

-----Original Message-----
From: David Treves [mailto:davidt@macam98.ac.il]
Sent: Sunday, February 04, 2001 1:33 AM
To: taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: meaning of EVAL_BODY_TAG

Hi, I have been trying to figure the meaning of the EVAL_BODY_TAG while
reading the spec of JSP. I understood that it means to run over the body
supplied by the tag. My question is, when the stream of content streams into
the buffer (on the way to the client)? Is it EVERY time the body is
evaluated THAN something is sent (piece by piece) to the buffer, or is it in
one bundle when the doAfterBody is called?

Thanks for your time,
David.