From tho...@tolborg.dk
Subject XSL taglib now working in WebSphere
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2001 13:35:12 GMT
Hi.

I finally got the XSL taglib dancing in WebSphere Application Server.
Hans Bergsten was right. The getResourceAsStream() is broken in WebSphere.

I changed the ApplyTag.java to use a FileInputStream instead of the getResourceAsStream(),
and furthermore I put the xalan.jar and xerces.jar packages from the xsl taglib dist. in the
admin server classpath as the two first entries.
Then it works!!

I do have an additional newbie question.
If I use "not-perfect" html in my xsl stylesheet eg. a <p> or <br> tag that is
not ended. I will get an error:
---
Message: Server caught unhandled exception from servlet [JSP 1.1 Processor]: org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLProcessorException:
The element type "br" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "
---
Is there some way to avoid having to use XHTML in my xsl stylesheets? Is there some way to
prevent the HTML from being parsed so I can use un-ended <br> tags?

Thanks a lot,
Thomas Tolborg