From "Stefan Riegel" <stefan.rie...@telig.de>
Subject AW: Newbie Question
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2001 13:15:10 GMT
Hello Morgan, hello Amar,

isn't their another error in the code of Amar?

If I understood the thing right (I am newbie too), the "taglib-uri-Tag"
defines a sort of placeholder for the real location, which is defined in the
"taglib-location-Tag".

Amar wrote
<taglib-uri>http://***java***.apache.org/taglibs/jdbc</taglib-uri> but
refers to ***jakarta***.apache.org/taglibs/jdbc in the JSP-Page.

The JSP Container doesn't find the specified URI in the web.xml and takes
the URI itself (http://jakarta.apache...) as the default location for the
tag library descriptor file. Because their isn't the TLD, the container
produces the error.

I think it is less complicated, if one uses the default location like
   <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/jdbc.tld" prefix="sql" %>
for learning or testing purpose. I use some Jakarta Taglibs without any
<taglib>-Entry in the web.xml.

Regards
Stefan Riegel

DelegatingListener.java:116)