tomcat-taglibs-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Morgan Delagrange <mdela...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JDBC-TagLib with JDBC-ODBC-Bridge?!
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2001 22:02:08 GMT
Hmm, that's odd.  My guess would be that, by default,
your connections are being initialized as read-only
(although that is unusual).

Try placing this tag between your connection tags and
your prepared statement tags:

  <%-- make the connection writable --%>
  <jsp:setProperty name="conn" property="readOnly"
    value="false"/>

Let me know if that makes a difference.

- Morgan

--- "Weßling,_Achim" <Achim.Wessling@gt-net.de> wrote:
> Hallo,
> 
> does someone use the JDBC-TagLib with the
> JDBC-ODBC-Bridge to Access?
> 
> I try inserting something and it doesn't work. Here
> is my code:
> 
> <%-- Open Database Connection --%>
> <jdbc:connection id="conn">
>     <jdbc:url>jdbc:odbc:user</jdbc:url>
>    
>
<jdbc:driver>sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver</jdbc:driver>
> </jdbc:connection>
> <%-- Open Database --%>
>     <jdbc:preparedStatement id="stmt" conn="conn">
>         <jdbc:query>
>             INSERT INTO test (Wert1, Wert2) values
> (?, ?)
>         </jdbc:query>
>         <jdbc:execute>
>             <jdbc:setColumn
> position="1">hier</jdbc:setColumn>
>             <jdbc:setColumn
> position="2">Achim</jdbc:setColumn>
>         </jdbc:execute>
>     </jdbc:preparedStatement>
> </jdbc:equals>
> 
> <%-- close Database Connection --%>
> <jdbc:closeConnection conn="conn"/>
> <br>It has to be done!
> 
> I get the following error:
> 
> Error: 500
> Location: /TagLib/testing.jsp
> Internal Servlet Error:
> javax.servlet.ServletException:
> java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC
> Microsoft Access Driver] Operation must use an
> updateable query.
> at
>
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImp
> l.java:459)
> at
>
_0002ftesting_0002ejsptesting_jsp_2._jspService(_0002ftesting_0002ejsptestin
> g_jsp_2.java:404)
> at
>
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)
> at
>
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> at
>
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
> va:177)
> at
>
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:318)
> at
>
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:391)
> at
>
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> at
>
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
> at
>
org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:286)
> at
>
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
> at
>
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:79
> 7)
> at
>
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
> at
>
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpC
> onnectionHandler.java:210)
> at
>
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:416)
> at
>
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:498)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
> Root cause:
> javax.servlet.jsp.JspTagException:
> java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC
> Microsoft Access Driver] Operation must use an
> updateable query.
> at
>
de.infokomGT.taglib.jdbc.statement.ExecuteTag.doEndTag(ExecuteTag.java:119)
> at
>
_0002ftesting_0002ejsptesting_jsp_2._jspService(_0002ftesting_0002ejsptestin
> g_jsp_2.java:347)
> at
>
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)
> at
>
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> at
>
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
> va:177)
> at
>
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:318)
> at
>
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:391)
> at
>
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> at
>
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
> at
>
org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:286)
> at
>
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
> at
>
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:79
> 7)
> at
>
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
> at
>
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpC
> onnectionHandler.java:210)
> at
>
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:416)
> at
>
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:498)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
> 
> I didn't know what 'Operation must use an updateable
> query' means.
> Could someone help?
> 
> Mit freundlichem Gruß
> 
> Achim Weßling
> 
>
**************************************************************************
> INFOKOM Gütersloh
> Fachbereich Technische Anwendungen / Zentrale
> Anwendungen
> Tel.: 05241/85-2926
> Achim.Wessling@gt-net.de
> http://www.infokom-gt.de/produkte/gis/index.htm
> 
> 
>                   _\|/_
>                   (o o)
>        ---oOO-{_}-OOo---
> 
> 


=====
Morgan Delagrange
Britannica.com

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail. 
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/?.refer=text

Mime
View raw message