From "Dana Kaufman" <roamingme...@onebox.com>
Subject Taglibs Plans?
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2001 20:35:58 GMT
Hi,

I just came across the Taglibs project and was wondering if someone could
answer questions about Taglibs and plan with other initiatives.  I think
Custom Tag Libraries are an important technology but I am confused as
to how the various projects relate.

1)  How does Taglibs relate to Struts?  I noticed there was some overlap
in functionality.  Will these project be combined or synchronized at
some point?

2)  What about Taglibs and the Standard Tag Libraries for Java Server
Pages project being worked on by Sun for inclusion in the JSP reference
environment.  Are the Taglib developers involved in that project in any
way?

3)  Will the Taglibs project be included in future version of Tomcat
like I beleive the Standard Tag Libraries will be?

Thank you in advance for helping me understand the Custom Tag Library
landscape :-)

Dana Scott Kaufman