From "Kevin Duffey" <kevin.duf...@home.com>
Subject RE: Tag support for:
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2001 09:41:37 GMT
To answer 3, I think the original question is along the lines of how the
Java One (at least in 2000) did something "behind the scenes" when you
clicked a check box. Only, in this case, the author is looking for an
onClick() javascript handler to refresh the page. In other words, the taglib
should return HTML something like:

<input type="checkbox" name="SomeName" onClick="refresh()">

Ofcourse, a few things are missing. First, the taglib may or may not return
the "checked" attribute if the box was checked or not. Secondly, I am not
sure if the refresh() function is the actual built-in function to force a
page to refresh.

So, I think a better question might be along the lines of: Is there a way to
add javascript handlers to any given form element taglib? For example:

<tag:checkbox name="MyCheckBox" checked="true"
insert="onClick='refresh()'"/>

Thus producing:

<input type="checkbox" name="MyCheckBox" checked onClick="refresh()">

Is there any provision in the JSPTL to provide this ability to add
javascript handlers (and not just a single one) to each tag?