From Rich Catlett <r...@more.net>
Subject [Fwd: Scrape: doesn't respect http.proxy settings, redirects, etc;] (fwd)
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2001 16:33:50 GMT
It does use the java.net.HttpUrlConnection, that is the super class.  The
Conncet and disconnect are abstract classes that have to be written.  As
far as redirects go there is a setFollowRedirects method that I didn't
bother with since automatically following redirects is supposed to be the
default behavior.  As far as using a proxy, there is another abstract
method usingProxy that I believe would have to be flushed out.  Currently
it simply returns false.  I imagine that to use a proxy, an attribute
would have to be added to the page tag to determine if a proxy is to be
used and then the usingProxy method called.  I am not very strong in this
area and I would have no place to test it currently, so if maybe you would
like to flush out the usingProxy method and submit the fix to the
taglibs-dev list I would be happy to add the change to cvs.

Rich Catlett        rich@more.net |  Confuscious say "Man who stand |
Programmer                        |   on toilet, high on pot!"      |
                                  |                                 |

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Scrape: doesn't respect http.proxy settings, redirects, etc;
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 12:07:33 -0400
From: "Meltsner, Kenneth" <Kenneth.Meltsner@ca.com>
To: taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org

I figured this one out:  Scrape doesn't follow redirects, use system proxy settings, etc.
because it has its own implementation of HTTPURLConnection.  Was there a reason not to use
the standard object from java.net?  If not, it'd be relatively simple to fix...

Ken

Ken Meltsner
Computer Associates
Senior Architect, Portal TAG Team