From "Micael Padraig Og mac Grene" <caraun...@harbornet.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: Template Tags
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2001 17:10:01 GMT

>>Jeff Turner wrote:
>>
>> >   And, as already said in an old mail, I think that it would benefit to
>> > users to share ideas about templating/web-components and discuss rather
than
>> > working alone ...
>>
>> Too late ;) The fact is, two good quality, mature templating systems
>> exist.
>>
>> I'm in the "more the merrier" camp. If both Tiles and Templates2 were in
>> jakarta-taglibs, and their differences clearly documented, I can't
>> imagine users complaining.
>

> David Geary wrote:
>
>As I see it, there are three ways this can be resolved:
>
>1. Do nothing.
>2. Submit both systems to jakarta-taglibs.
>3. Cedric and I submit a system that includes the best features from both.
>
>Option No. 3 seems to make the most sense to me. I will discuss this with
Cedric
>privately and see what we can come up with.
>

>david

While considerable deference should be given to any author of sophisticated
code, I have used both, and I am definitely in favor of having both systems.
If jakarta-taglibs does not do this, I certainly will on my own anyway.
Both have real pluses and minuses depending upon the job.  Having both is an
advantage, to my mind.

Micael