From Don Coleman <don.cole...@emax.com>
Subject RE: DBtaglibs problem connecting via JNDI
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2001 14:31:19 GMT
I'd expect that you have a problem with your connection pool.  Try testing
it outside of the tag library.  Make sure that the name you look up exists.
Check if the DataSource is null.  Check if the connection returned from the
datasource is null.  I had a problem with the Datasource returning null
Connections because my JDBC drivers were not being loaded.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gustavo [mailto:g_mateos@wanadoo.es]
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2001 4:44 AM
To: taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: DBtaglibs problem connecting via JNDI

I´m using Tomcat 4.0 and I would like to use DBTaglibs in my JSPs. I´ve
tried with a test page and it works when I use url, driver, user and
password attributes in the connection tag.

But I would like to connect via JNDI and then it fails:

    NullPointerException in apache.org....ConnectionTag.doStartTag

I´ve defined an entry in my server.xml file for the JNDI lookup and it seems
to be correct.

Any ideas about what can be hapenning?

Thanks in advance,

Gustavo Mateos