From "Richard Sand" <rs...@vgalleries.com>
Subject rtexprvalue apparently being ignored for xtag forEach select parameter
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2001 10:10:06 GMT
Hi,

My xtags tag is:

<xtags:forEach
select="/help/<%=subjectstr%>[<%=subjectstr%>-key=$subjectkey][1]">

where subjectstr is a string that can be set to "topic" or "keyword".

However, I get the following exception:

Message: org.dom4j.InvalidXPathException: Invalid XPath expression:
/help/[-key=$subjectkey][1] Expected one of '.', '..', '@', '*',

You can see from the exception that the variable 'subjectstr' is not being
put into the expression.  I commented out the rest of my code and left
<%=subjectstr%> there just to make sure that the variable was set properly
and it was.  It seems to me like the "rtexprvalue" is being ignored from the
tld for the select parameter.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

I'm using Tomcat 4.01 on W2k.

Thanks!