From "Richard Sand" <rs...@vgalleries.com>
Subject Re: rtexprvalue apparently being ignored for xtag forEach select parameter
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2001 10:40:49 GMT
Hi James-

I looked at the .java for my compiled page, and I see the following:

When I use my own tag library with an expression inside a tag, I see the
following:

My custom tag:
     <ipa:helpLink
keyword="<%=keyword_file%>"><%=keyword_title%></ipa:helpLink>

gets interpreted as:
    _jspx_th_ipa_helpLink_0.setKeyword(keyword_file);

where you can see that the expresion is properly evaluated.

But when I use the xtags tag in the same file, I see:

Tag:
<xtags:forEach
select="/help/<%=subjectstr%>[<%=subjectstr%>-key=$subjectkey][1]">

interpreted as:

_jspx_th_xtags_forEach_0.setSelect("/help/<%=subjectstr%>[<%=subjectstr%>-ke
y=$subjectkey][1]");

Can this be a bug in the jsp compiled?

Thanks!

-Richard