tomcat-taglibs-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Chen, Gin" <Gin_C...@tvratings.com>
Subject RE: XTag examples deploy failure
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2001 16:29:43 GMT
Hey James,
	Thanks for the quick reply.
Big question though. It was not an issue with having 2 Crimsons. It was
because I was using Xalan/Xerces as my xml parser for the XSL Taglib. Now I
cant get the 2 to play nice together. Anyone have success implementing both
the XSL Taglib and the XTags Taglib together??
	And if not.. why the heck would jakarta package them in the same
Taglib release?!?
Thanks,
-Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: James Strachan [mailto:james_strachan@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2001 9:19 AM
To: Tag Libraries Users List
Subject: Re: XTag examples deploy failure


The tell tale sign is...

> java.lang.SecurityException: sealing violation
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

[snip]

>
org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.<init>(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:
> 128)
>         at
>
org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl.newDocumentBuilder(Docume
> ntBuilderFactoryImpl.java:82)
>         at org.apache.jasper.parser.ParserUtils.parseXMLDocument(Unknown
> Source)

Generally this means that crimson.jar is being loaded twice from different
JARs, once from inside the web-app and once from outside the web-app, maybe
via JBoss or the system classpath. Either take crimson.jar off the system
classpath or try removing crimson.jar from the webapp.

James
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chen, Gin" <Gin_Chen@tvratings.com>
To: <taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2001 2:15 PM
Subject: XTag examples deploy failure


> Hi all,
> I'm getting a sealing exception when trying to deploy the XTags
> examples war file. No other examples nor taglibs have had any problems
> during deployment. The exact error is show below:
>
> ------------------------------
>
> [EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX] StandardContext[/xtags-examples]: Servlet
> /xtags-examples threw load() exception
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet jsp threw
> exception
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(Unknown
> Source)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(Unknown Source)
>         at
>
org.jboss.web.catalina.EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX.createWebContext(EmbeddedCa
> talinaServiceSX.java:349)
>         at
>
org.jboss.web.catalina.EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX.performDeploy(EmbeddedCatal
> inaServiceSX.java:250)
>         at
> org.jboss.web.AbstractWebContainer.deploy(AbstractWebContainer.java:192)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
>         at
> com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1628)
>         at
> com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)
>         at
> org.jboss.deployment.J2eeDeployer.startModules(J2eeDeployer.java:509)
>         at
> org.jboss.deployment.J2eeDeployer.startApplication(J2eeDeployer.java:468)
>         at org.jboss.deployment.J2eeDeployer.deploy(J2eeDeployer.java:208)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
>         at
> com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1628)
>         at
> com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)
>         at org.jboss.ejb.AutoDeployer.deploy(AutoDeployer.java:379)
>         at org.jboss.ejb.AutoDeployer.run(AutoDeployer.java:217)
>         at org.jboss.ejb.AutoDeployer.startService(AutoDeployer.java:353)
>         at
> org.jboss.util.ServiceMBeanSupport.start(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:107)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
>         at
> com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1628)
>         at
> com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)
>         at
>
org.jboss.configuration.ConfigurationService$ServiceProxy.invoke(Configurati
> onService.java:836)
>         at $Proxy0.start(Unknown Source)
>         at org.jboss.util.ServiceControl.start(ServiceControl.java:81)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
>         at
> com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1628)
>         at
> com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)
>         at org.jboss.Main.<init>(Main.java:221)
>         at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:127)
>         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>         at org.jboss.Main.main(Main.java:123)
> [EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX] ----- Root Cause -----
> java.lang.SecurityException: sealing violation
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
>         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
>         at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.findClass(Unknown
> Source)
>         at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown
> Source)
>         at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown
> Source)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
>         at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
>         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
>         at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.findClass(Unknown
> Source)
>         at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown
> Source)
>         at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown
> Source)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
>         at
>
org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.<init>(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:
> 128)
>         at
>
org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl.newDocumentBuilder(Docume
> ntBuilderFactoryImpl.java:82)
>         at org.apache.jasper.parser.ParserUtils.parseXMLDocument(Unknown
> Source)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.processWebDotXml(Unknown
> Source)
>         at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.<init>(Unknown
> Source)
>         at org.apache.jasper.EmbededServletOptions.<init>(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.init(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(Unknown
> Source)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(Unknown Source)
>         at
>
org.jboss.web.catalina.EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX.createWebContext(EmbeddedCa
> talinaServiceSX.java:349)
>         at
>
org.jboss.web.catalina.EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX.performDeploy(EmbeddedCatal
> inaServiceSX.java:250)
>         at
> org.jboss.web.AbstractWebContainer.deploy(AbstractWebContainer.java:192)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
>         at
> com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1628)
>         at
> com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)
>         at
> org.jboss.deployment.J2eeDeployer.startModules(J2eeDeployer.java:509)
>         at
> org.jboss.deployment.J2eeDeployer.startApplication(J2eeDeployer.java:468)
>         at org.jboss.deployment.J2eeDeployer.deploy(J2eeDeployer.java:208)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
>         at
> com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1628)
>         at
> com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)
>         at org.jboss.ejb.AutoDeployer.deploy(AutoDeployer.java:379)
>         at org.jboss.ejb.AutoDeployer.run(AutoDeployer.java:217)
>         at org.jboss.ejb.AutoDeployer.startService(AutoDeployer.java:353)
>         at
> org.jboss.util.ServiceMBeanSupport.start(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:107)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
>         at
> com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1628)
>         at
> com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)
>         at
>
org.jboss.configuration.ConfigurationService$ServiceProxy.invoke(Configurati
> onService.java:836)
>         at $Proxy0.start(Unknown Source)
>         at org.jboss.util.ServiceControl.start(ServiceControl.java:81)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
>         at
> com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1628)
>         at
> com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)
>         at org.jboss.Main.<init>(Main.java:221)
>         at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:127)
>         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>         at org.jboss.Main.main(Main.java:123)
>
> -------------------------------------
>
> -Tim
>
>
> Gin-Ting Chen
> Gin_Chen@tvratings.com
> 727-738-3000 x6549
> Sun Certified Programmer
> Sun Certified Web Component Developer
> BEA Certified Developer
>
> --
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
<mailto:taglibs-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
> For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:taglibs-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>
>
>


_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
<mailto:taglibs-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:taglibs-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:taglibs-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:taglibs-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message